View Single Post
      03-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #899
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Having owned my 09 848 since new, the Ducati mystique has sort of worn off. Especially how Ducati handled the expanding tank problem. They basically put out a weak fix and then told all owners to F' off.

I have to say the 848 is fun and different. The roar of the V-twin especially with the Akra slip ons I have is pretty intoxicating. It's fun to see even Harley riders turning their heads when they hear a roar coming out of a sport bike. Also, if you're an attention whore, the Ducati will get you all the attention you could want. I've had a couple of guys purposely stand outside of a restaurant waiting for me to leave a stop light so they can hear the engine before going in. I've also had a girl in a car next to me take pictures of the bike while we were in traffic.

Even with the mods I did which were to put on a full Ohlins setup (25 mm cartridges in the forks and the TTX rear shock all sprung for my weight), I would have bought the BMW S1000RR if I could turn back the clock. The BMW is fugly to me in street trim; it's better in track trim. But the S1000RR is just so good. I've had the pleasure of running the S1000RR at VIR for a number of years and the bike just doesn't cease to amaze me with how well balanced it is.
Yeah, I've heard that one before. Italians are nice things to own as long as you don't try to do something with them like mend them or if the warranty is needed. The beauty is granted indeed, If you weren't on the wrong continent I probably would claim me being the one who took the pictures.

Well, I think your suggestion actually is great, He'll never go for the Ninjas and The Germans do know their stuff with machines that has an engine.

This shit is hilarious. Even tough i know very well my safety minded engineer would be fine with a bike, I don't think I have the balls (not a good word but still) go let him get one/ buy him one. This family needs a serious revaluation when it comes to the things men and women are allowed to do. Someday our kids will grow up, and the boys will be in helmets outside the house, while girls can come to tracks with mum. ;D

Anyway, I told him about my tiny car accident so now I have to wait and see which one will end up to our garage, there is no way this deed will go unpunished.
Appreciate 0