Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Would that be your wife or the car?

Not sure about why it's bitching at you, but, it automatically goes to park (P) when you turn off the engine. You don't move any levers or push any buttons to get to park. There is a way to keep it in neutral with the engine off. That's so it can go through a car wash.
To avoid surprises at the wrong time, I suggest a tour of the the manual. With a DCT and Nav, the thing is very complicated and some things are a lot different than what you may be used to.
Haha. The car is tucked away sleeping.

I looked through the manual. I think there were a few things I did wrong. I walked to open the garage door manually (yes manually, I'm in England) while the key was in my pocket. I don't think I had the door closed all the way and my seatbelt on when I put it in drive, so it kept reverting to N and a message to put it in P to prevent the car from rolling kept popping on my idrive with a car and opposing arrows on the dash.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0