10-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #99
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
This is all relative:

If you make $35k a year, a $2k Honda for your kid would be a big deal. You would probably stretch yourself a bit thin and get him/her the $2500 Honda with less miles because you love your kid and want them to have it better than you did.
If you make $150k a year, a $50k BMW for your kid would be a big deal. You would probably stretch yourself a bit thin and get him/her the $65k M3 with warranty because you love your kid and want them to have it better than you did.

The more money you make, the more you will spend. Especially on your children. This is a fact. (there is nothing wrong with that, spoiled or not, its your SON or DAUGHTER) depending on how close the parent is to the child they will know if the kid is ready for a 400hp car or not. Ultimately, it's their choice and as a parent all you can do is hope you make the right one and the M3 is a safe car in most aspects.
Hell, if I made real big cheese, my kids would all be driving nice BMWs... an M3? I told my son that if I still have the M3 when he graduates college, its his. He is six. Motivation.