08-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #44
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
As actually stated by me, the chart gives you stuff you're unlikely to get in your real world of test drives. Not as a replacement, mind you. As a helpful addition.

Never mind, you're unlikely to get it no matter how much explanation is offered.

Bruce
I get it, I just feel theoretical is irrelavant when you have the option to actually drive the cars and see how they perform against each other. I mean if you're unable to get those results in real world as you say then those results really are pointless. Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for dynoing a car and using whatever formulas necessary against itself to see how modifications are working or original design is working. But to take those numbers and use them against an entirely different car to say it is faster or slower is ridiculous. For example to say "my torque curve is bigger and flatter so my car is faster than yours" is ridiculous. Then it's just theoretical numbers when the real proof comes from getting in the cars and driving them against each other.