10-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #77
Dr. Dre
the doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Three View Post
Well, we will see as my technician seems to think this is no problem and the warrantee will pay after he sees the car. I'm going there next week.

However, do I really want to have this engine ripped apart introducing all sorts of possible problems?.... When there isn't any indication of the slightest noise? Perhaps not. I have 36 months left on the warrantee. There's plenty of time for that.

What I will do is take it to my friends shop and go through the motions just to see if the warrantee will cover the repair. Then I will bring it back to him when I detect (if ever) a noise.

Dude, you're all over the place. Not a great idea to take to a friend. There has to be qualified BMW shop potentially a race shop that's local to you. First replacing the rod bearings is no big deal. That's one of the great things about BMW replacing the bearings on BMW is not a big deal. It won't affect anything else if it's done properly.

Make a decision. If the car needs to last a long time spend the $2500 to replace the bearings. I did. Unfortunately, the warranty company didn't reimburse me. Think about it this way. What if the engine fails and the warranty company doesn't cover the repair. They are notorious for not paying claims.

How are you going to prove that you changed the oil when you were supposed too. You went too long before changing the oil. Claim denied.
Appreciate 0