05-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #53
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
I'm loving my recently installed ESS 625 charger (inspired by you)!

I find that the throttle has become a little more 'touchy' than before the charger was fitted so when I throttle off the car lurches a bit. I presume this is a characteristic of the supercharger.

Apart from your upgraded bearings, are your internal engine components completely stock? I know you run your car very hard - do you feel it will hold up in the longer term or have you thought about upgraded internals and lower compression for longer-term reliability rather than any more power (you probably have enough power!).

Jack
Glad I could be a bad influence.

Yes your throttle will be more touchy but you will get used to it. It's because the blower is always on and pushing boost into the motor even on partial throttle...so the car WANTS to go faster

Other than bearings my motor is stock. I would guess I have over 10,000 WOT pulls all the way to 8,600 rpm and virtually all have been supercharged. Car clicked over to 37,000 miles this weekend. It runs perfect.

I haven't thought about any further power increases because I have other much faster cars. Besides I personally think the chassis is maxxed out at roughly 600/400 HP/TQ. Anything more is just going to make it harder to get the power to the ground.

Have fun and stay safe.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1