11-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #20
Ben Choad
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3; 09 Lambo LP560-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveatesq View Post
As some of you know, a little more than a week ago my two week old M3 died and had to be towed to my dealer with a faulty throttle sensor. Well, after a week in the shop waiting for a diagnosis and parts, I picked up the car last Friday. When I arrived, the car was parked outside in bright sunlight and was covered from roof to bumper in swirls and scratches. Seems like the dealer chose to wash and then dry the car with sandpaper. To add insult to injury, the car also now has a ding on the roof above the passenger door, the tow truck bottomed out the car while loading it and scratched the front spoiler and the dealer put over 40 miles on the car! Needless to say, I am appalled and heartbroken. The dealer has offered to detail the car but not much more and I am very reluctant to put the car at the mercy of an inexperienced "detailer" with an orbital - for some reason I suspect that nothing good will come of that encounter. As for the other items, it looks like I may be on my own to pursue a claim through roadside assistance with no help from the servicing dealer.

I am really regretting my decision to get rid of my 997 to get the M3. Yes, Porsche service cost a fortune, but the experience and treatment was above and beyond. This BMW experience has been amature at best. Looking forward to completing the survey!
I am starting to experience multiple problems with my car. Today was the first day I am really regretting purchasing this car as well. Already looking into my options to get rid of it. I needed a 4-door as a daily driver and thought this car would do the trick but as of a week ago, it is turning into a nightmare.
Appreciate 0