Thread: Cooked brakes
View Single Post
      09-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

After the 2nd Nordschleife weekend my brakes have to be replaced for the 2nd time. The first time there was a rattle when braking at high speeds, so the discs were replaced (under warranty). Now after the 2nd weekend there is less intensive rattle which might even go away after some time, but: this time the front pads are done (at least according to i-drive). To fix this once and forever I told my dealer to replace all pads by the harder sports pads. After calling at least 5 times they finally believed me that sports pads exists for the E92 M3 and told me they will order them. Now after waiting another 2 weeks they told me today that the pads are not available before week 41. When I told them that I need my car next week, they said they would first replace them with the regular pads (somehow under warranty) and we'll see about the sports pads later.

I'm getting more and more at BMW for not recognising that the brake issue is serious and not providing a solution. If it was just me, I would accept that it might be my fault, but I have read tons of posts from people complaining about exactly the same thing.
Appreciate 0