werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Nice. I knew you could do it.
Thank you, I was only going to butcher the OEM knob that night but ended up finishing the whole thing...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Great job and I think it looks good! Question, you say that the lighting is uneven, but given it's from the OEM knob LED/Emblem, it's any more uneven than stock knob right?
Well it is uneven because the 2 wires behind the LED board was placed awkwardly and take away some space below the ZHP shift pattern. I think it is because the hole I drilled was not delicately located at the right spot the feed the wire straight down the knob to the connector. Well another hold could be drilled and this could be solved but I am fine with the light coming out from it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
No, not at all. Consider driving someone's car with this done before butchering your own. There is nothing wrong with the original shifter.
Not because I did this DIY so I have bias. I would not say how much better ZHP is but I do want to complaint about the OEM goose neck knob. It is long and hollow plastic. Hard to describe but shifting with the OEM knob I always have this "unfulfilled" touch IMO
Appreciate 0