Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
you're right, i'm talking about turn 6. i sort of 'ignored' turn 7 at laguna kinda like we 'ignore' turn 7 at big willow... but i did do some experimenting with that turn 7 right before the corkscrew. i tried the line way to the left to be straighter in the braking zone for the corkscrew, but i also tried a line to the right (probably stuck to the right more). i wasn't having any trouble with the car getting unsettled there, so i didn't stick to a particular technique. i suppose this would be more important if i were going faster there.

i was happy with that line i was taking through the corkscrew, so i didn't experiment too much unless i made a mistake in the braking zone. hehe what i knew i did like, however, was this line allowing me to get to the right side of the track for turn 9, and i had some fast exits out of 9 because of it. i knew it was faster right away when trying a new line through 9 because i would either be at the top of 3rd gear, or about two seconds into 4th gear.

the deeper down in 6 i went, it seemed like the more speed i could carry, but i was worried that this was an illusion, and i would be off in the dirt to the right once the suspension rebounded. i didn't do too much experimenting there. i've been off there and into the wall in gran turismo many times. hahahaha! a little higher and light throttle felt right. i'm not setting any lap records or anything, so i was trying to keep the car in one piece for the 400 mile trip home the next day.
looks like you had a blast!
So much damn fun. I'm really glad I paid for two run groups... Every time I turned around, it was my turn to go again!
We are going to have to plan a SoCal caravan up there.