View Single Post
      10-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #48
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

I am he, Its been a long day. I will post up about my experiences later or tomorrow

But I will say this right off the bat, anybody that thinks the m3 should beat any time the ctsv can do on that track doesnt know anything. I got to do 2 laps in the CTSV at the end of the day and was extremely impressed.

Updated with later post:

So here is my take on it guys:

I was hoping for rain all week because I figured Lutz would have some confidence issues in the rain. We got to the track and it was misting so got me going a little. I never expected to be able to beat Lutz in the ctsv, knowing the the ctsv was capable of. I haven't been on the track since july, but that didn't seem to effect me. In the first practice I didn't take that many laps, Maybe 5-6 hot laps. I was able to do this because I watched a lot of video before going to the track. I then just watched what braking points people like John Heinricy were using going into turn 1 because thats the only spot I seemed to have trouble. Then the challenge came around, On my out lap I just checked out where the wet spots were and then came the laps. My first hot lap was pretty good, but as I went through I knew a few spots that I could pickup time on the 2nd lap. I did just that picking up what I think was a full second on the 2nd hot lap, I would have liked to get a 3rd lap in but the brakes had checked out.

My impressions of the CTSV:

I got to drive the CTSV with two other people in the car, an added 300 lbs. I pulled out of the pits and was impressed by the power. Then coming out of turn 1 in 2nd gear I was really impressed by the power since in my car I had to use third and the M lacks in torque and overall grunt to be honest. I come up to a few turns after that and then go down the back straight and was VERY impressed by the brakes, they inspired a lot of confidence and as a driver thats what you want. Every second of the two laps I got in the car impressed me the brakes and the power mostly, the handling was right their with that of the M3. I would love to get some timed laps in the CTSV at Monticello Motor Club.

Meet the driver's video:

Appreciate 0