footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
The problem with your opinion is its the same as saying "I think the world is flat". What you want isn't technically possible (Save for a CVT). Its not about preference. You want smooth, we all get that and its fine. Where we differ is you keep saying its possible to both be smooth and as fast as the next gear surge approach. Sorry, but cannot be done unless someone invents a really cool energy storage device to buffer that flywheel energy and slowly dissapate it through the duration of the next gear.

Then there is the irony of this. You think its a mistake to make the DCT not like DSG. However, you disliked DSG so much you bought a manual. Why would you think its a mistake to not make it like something you hate?
enigma,

What I believe is this surge makes little or no difference to the acceleration times, the only reason for it is to make the acceleration feel quicker, that's not the same things as being faster.

You are still not listening, I like the technology, said it numerous times or you are choosing to ignore this fact. The technology wasn't my problem, the paddles are the problem and this only occurred in town driving where you have junctions and roundabouts (something you lot in the States have very little), in this type of driving I found paddles a pain and if you ask a few I think some would agree with me on that, the difference is that they choose to accept this were I didn't.
Appreciate 0