View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #22
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Haven't seen a direct picture comparison between the Avant-Garde M359 replica wheels vs the OEM 359M, so here it is.

I ordered these AG M359 a while back to hold me off until I found an authentic set of ZCP 359M wheels. Long story short, the wheels were back-ordered and took longer than expected so while waiting I bought an authentic set of OEM 359Ms. The AG wheels finally arrived and here is a close-up comparison between the rep and OEM.

First impressions, as soon as I pulled the AG M359 wheels out of the box I could tell they were significantly lighter than the OEM ZCP wheels. I'm not sure about the previous stock but this latest batch from AG might be flow formed instead of low-pressure cast, my wheel shop thinks so because of the "rings" inside the barrels.

Putting them on the scale you can see the replica wheels from AG are more than 2lbs lighter than the stock 359Ms in the front, and the rear, which was most surprising was over 3 lbs lighter per wheel compared to OEM. That's a total combined rotational mass savings of more than 10 lbs which is pretty significant. Another thing I found interested was the front and rear AG M359 wheels weigh almost the same even though the rear is 1 inch wider.

The color on the AG wheels looks alright, the finish looks decent. Putting them side by side you can clearly see the AG wheels are a little brighter generic hyper silver compared to OEM which has more luster and depth to the finish, almost like a pearlescent effect in different lighting which I think looks much better and less "cheap"

What do you guys think? I think these are well-made wheels, the only thing that worries me is the finish over time so I'm going to have my trusty wheel shop redo them in satin black.
Nice! AG and VMR's are great CSL replica wheels.

Lets see them mounted!