01-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #125
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BM View Post
Thanks. I appreciate it. I have to be honest I'm not sure I know what spot metering is. I'm using a dual contour setup. Both are attached to the main hoop of my cage. On is pointing straight out the front windshield and the second one is pointed backwards. I don't know of I can change to spot metering. I'll have to look. Thanks for the tip.
NP! Spot metering adjusts the camera so that it only uses a small spot in the middle of your image to adjust the exposure. Most cameras allows you to switch between matrix, center-weighted or spot-metering. Because your camera is set so far back and also capturing your dark interior, spot metering is necessary to prevent over exposure due metering off the dark interior. If your Contour does not have spot-metering you can try center-weighted metering or moving your camera forward so less of the dark interior will affect the exposure. Play around with the settings to see what works best for you.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0