View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltedwilt View Post
New around here and found a 2009 M3 6MT in Interlagos Blue and am curious if it's a good deal or if I should run like hell. It's got ~113,500 on the odometer and RBs have been done, although I'm not sure at what mileage. Not sure about TAs. 3 previous owners and I'm forced to buy sight unseen. Plan on having a PPI done but wanna see what y'all think before I go ahead with that. Thanks!
How would we be able to comment on if it's a good deal with only the mileage and rod bearings?

Aside from results of a PPI (which realistically will tell you how much you'll need to invest off the bat, but not if it's a good deal):

-What is the overall condition? I saw a car with 145k that was in frankly great condition, 2 owner car and the second owner was a detailer who kept it very clean. I just knew I had a higher budget and it wasn't the exact spec I wanted.
-Are there full service records? That will be just as much an indicator of how much the owners cared than just the rod bearings. If the owner did the rod bearings but also tracked the car 10 times a year, that might have much different stipulations.
-Clean carfax, no accidents? Original paint work?
-Stock or modded? Cars with a lot of cheap aftermarket stuff are probably less desirable and less valuable than something mostly stock.

I still wouldn't feel comfortable doing something sight unseen unless the owner was meticulously detailed. I bought my car from a dealer a few states away but I still went to pick it up in person before handing over the money.