View Single Post
      04-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

You guys are getting all confused again. No help from Fabspeed since the bolt on X pipe and HFC is not on their site.

There are two X pipe setups from them. One is what the OP got. The one on their website. This requires cutting since the stock cats are left intact. I don't see why one would worry about inspection since the primary cats are left in place.

The second one is what I have. They replace the primary cats with really nice high flow HJS cats. These are noticeable larger than the Encore ones. This is the main difference in the systems. No cutting at all. My stock exhaust is intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
well, yes. I don't mean permanent as if you'll never be able to remove it. Since there is cutting and you could revert back for visual inspection with a V clamp, that would be fine. I'm thinking of this set up or the EI x-pipe with HFC. which is just all bolt-on. Anyone know what size V-clamps? where to pick some up?

Hope to hear some sound clips with the Remus Race soon.