View Single Post
      01-21-2021, 06:59 PM   #95
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

It's an excellent do-it-all vehicle without being enormous. Like it a lot for a family of 4 + good sized dog. It doesn't hurt that it's quick enough and handles well enough to F off from just about any situation relatively quickly if needed, but that's not why we got it. I wanted an EV and we wanted a good family hauler that can occasionally do multiple-kid carpools, and that's a class of one right now. The fact that it's also basically just a slightly over-stuffed e-class sportwagon in character is a bonus, but it's a nice bonus. Just a few inches longer than our E63, obviously a lot taller. We only really gave it a look because we were thinking of getting a Land Cruiser, which costs exactly the same money, and while I loved the *idea* of the land cruiser, it drives exactly like the softer, fancier, shorter Tundra that it is. No car on stilts feeling in this thing, it's nailed down compared to everything else with a 3rd row.

AP is good. I test-drove a few differed FSD cars and I'm convinced FSD is a pyramid scheme they're using to pay for their actual Level3 hardware development with lidar/radar/optical/ultrasonic sensor fusion being the only really feasible all-weather solution, but...yeah, no thanks, I'll keep my money, I don't need a drunk, jumpy electronic teenager to drive me to work and scare the family on the weekends.

Also...the fanboys. LOL. IT's a dang cult.

Last edited by Richbot; 01-21-2021 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0