View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Yeah, my next mod would be camber plates + suspension. I have the sway bar set at the middle setting at the moment, I can probably experiment with further adjustments, but it feels fine to me at my skill level at the moment. Turn in was excellent, the car went where I wanted it to go and anytime it didn't, it was purely my mistake.

I went off track a couple times, once because I think I took the sunset corner too early leading to the main straight, and then subsequently went off roading there. No damage to the car, Buttonwillow seems very forgiving. Also went off road around the Cotton Corners, took too much speed and didn't hit the apex properly on the 2nd turn.

The HOD coordinators are very professional. The higher cost of the event also seems to bring out a more mature, professional crowd. I had a few Audi S5s that had me cursing at the Speed District event for blatantly violating the pass-by rules and had me slamming my brakes to avoid hitting them/running off track. It's not a coincidence that I saw them spun out quite a few times that day further on - at least once per session.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Speed District folks, and the problems went away further on in the day. Can't wait to run with them again on the 20th. The amount of time I spent on track was incredibly high - lots of sessions, and I'm glad my car held up the entire time. Easily 2x the amount of on track time as other events.
Appreciate 1