08-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
hey how did you like the RE71s? Any reason you chose this over the RS3?

btw: cool idea - I wish I did this to journal my progression. But I guess I have vids/data.
I was looking for something to help combat the factory understeer, so a combination of going to a squared setup + front sway bar seemed like a good first start. Since I was going to need a new set of rims, I decided to look into tires as well, something other than MPSS which I'd been using on my 19"s. 18" to save weight and money on track tires sounded like a good idea.

As far as the RE-71Rs, I bought them mostly by word of mouth - a friend of mine in the office mentioned that his autocross pals were raving about the RE-71Rs so I decided to pick up a spare set of wheels and make them my next upgrade, since I too am also interested in autocross.

I loved them - they gripped great and when they did break lose it was easy to get a handle on the situation. They make a much different road noise and don't squeal as loudly as the MPSS do on the track.

Here's what the fronts look like after ~97 laps, 1000 highway miles + 200 track miles.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165058
Appreciate 0