bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Circuit of the Americas...the first DE ever!

The Driver's Edge (www.thedriversedge.net) just did their first day at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. COTA is being touted as one of the best tracks in the world...I was skeptical. So I haven't driven that many track so I can't verify that but it is fantastic! If you get a chance...do it. It should be on any track junkie's bucket list.

It is a first rate facility and there is nothing cheap, ugly or cut rate about it. I would compare this to the Nurburgring as far as the quality of the facility and the challenge of the track. The facilities! My buddy rented a garage...its a 6 car garage that was Pastor Maldonado's garage. It had a beautiful epoxy floor and had its own bathroom that was cleaned twice during the day. The cleaning lady was pretty damned hot. But probably not impressed by my buddy blowing it up right before they cleaned it. I heard you could even order garage service...food brought down to you garage (I'm too cheap). INSANE! The only downer is lots of rules but for a good reason.

Turns and switchbacks are one thing but this track has crazy elevation changes. Some significant but a lot of little nuances that can really mess you up. There are a few early apex turns where you have to turn before you can see the apex. I could have probably developed some reference points with more time but I was basically turning in based on cadence.

Like Bo knows...Just do it!

2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0