Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arben72 View Post
Edit: Skip Italy, unless you want to end up in a tourist trap or like cheap hookers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
^ is Italy really that bad?
Absolutely not! Hookers? WTF? No. I've been there twice in the last year and it is an amazing country.

My wife works for an Italian company based in Bologna and goes for business fairly often. I stayed there for 10 days on my first trip and hit Milan, Ferrara, Florence, Siena, Sirmione, Modena, and Venice. I also hit Ferrari (boring), Lambo (amazing), and Ducati (fine), all of which are within a half hour of Bologna. I rented a car for the whole trip and had absolutely no issues driving all over northern Italy - it was a breeze. We went to Rome a few months ago and I would definitely not recommend driving there but you also don't need to. My wife and I walked to every major site in Rome and she was 6mo pregnant at the time so there is no need for a car.

The people in Rome are a bit more jaded as it's a very busy tourist destination (Venice was as well), but in all of the other cities I found the people to be extraordinarily welcoming and patient with my terrible Italian. That's not to say that they were unfriendly in Rome, but when we would walk into a restaurant saying "Un tavolo per due per favore" and they would reply "inside or outside?" in English, it was convenient but takes a bit of the charm away. The food is also out of this world. The farther you are from the tourists, the better the food gets.

As you can tell, I really enjoy Italy. I've even posted some pics in other threads. It's a really amazing place and I highly recommend it. PM me if you want more input.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0