wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodiem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Someone, please help me not lose it. 4 hours tonight spent on this. I tried everything. hairdryer and plastic razor blade.... even tried the rubberized wheel to horrific failure. I'm maybe 50% of the way there on the removal alone, and will have then to do a paint correction and pray for damage to be repairable.

HOW MUCH DOES A NEW HOOD COST? IM LOSING MY MIND.
Is it possible that the hairdryer isn't producing enough heat as (compared to a heat gun)? In the first pic, it looks like the film is holding together decently and not breaking off into tiny bits, but the others look nasty to deal with. I was finding that the right amount of heat was about the point just before my hand would just start to feel a bit uncomfortable with the heat (i.e. heat gun in one hand blowing heat toward the other one gripping/pulling upwards on the film). FWIW, I found the middle section of the hood came off the fastest, everything close to the edges was a lot more time consuming
thank you! very much appreciated... I will try the heat gun method and hopefully that will help. Anyone have a recommendation for DIY simple polishing to remove swirl marks? looking to find some things at a store locally and give it a shot over the next few days after I get the clear bra off..
Appreciate 0