View Single Post
      10-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #139
cj33cj
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Hi everyone! A great thread indeed, much appeciate all the shared experience! I just got my new tire&wheel setup and I fell in the same described situatuation at the front - BMW M3 E92, 265/35-18 MPS Cup2, 18x10, et25 - where the tire is touching the spring, may I ask the following:

What is the minimum clearance that should be kept between the spring and the tire in order to be on the safe side?

I am afraid that a tire may break in critical situation under heavy load and I understand that "the more distance, the better", but I am also trying to stay as close to the "et25 setup" as possible. So far I tried with 5 mm spacer and it still touches, while with a 12 mm spacer it clears, but i would prefer to use the thinnest spacer that would do the job.

I will be placing my order for Eibach springs - most probably the ERS-140-60-110, since my KW CS came with 110 front springs - but before that I am waiting for the KW input on the matter, hoping that they have come up with a solution, since this issue is around for quite a while.

Thank you very much for any attention!

PS: I am attaching a pic of the rubbing and a pic with the 12mm spacer installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0