07-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
nikku
Detailing Nerd
Canada
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G35

OCDetailing: BMW 335i Sedan Monaco Blue

Hello everyone !

So I met this customer about a month ago to do an extensive interior clean on his 335i. After the detail we arranged for a one step polish however upon arriving that morning I realized the swirls and RDS were beyond one step and proceeded to a 2-3 step polish on the entire vehicle.

The client was very nice and was always prompt to offer water and food. I think he provided me with one of the best compliments "you're a machine and you have a great work ethic". That made me push even harder to make this car look even better than I first aimed for.

The car had just taken a trip to the country over the weekend and you'll notice a lot of dirt and it's safe to assume a few RDS from the country as well. A few trouble ares to mention were the driver side and passenger side door as well as the trunk and bumper of the vehicle.

I apologize for the pictures of the defects. I had a little trouble getting all the details to show up on the camera.

Anyways I hope everyone enjoys the detail as much as I enjoyed performing the detail.

Process

Wash
Meguiars Gold Class
Sheepskin Mitts
Full Size Detail Brush for Wheels
Medium Sized Detail Brush
EZ Detail Brush
Chenille Mitts for Wheels
P21S TAW
P21S Wheel Cleaner

Clay
Riccardo Yellow Clay
Clay Lubricant

Correction
PTG
Metabo x 2
3M Backing Plate
RB Backing Plate
Halogen
Fenix TK10
3M Sungun
Sonus White Pad
Sonus Blue Pad
LC 4 inch White
LC 4 inch blue
Menzerna Power Finish
Menzerna Micro Polish
3M Ultrafina

LSP
Wheels: Wheel Sealant
Paint: Opti-seal, Opt Car Wax

Befores

DURING

So this is after 2 passes with Sonus White and Power Finish. Although it provided some decent results a third pass on the hood was necessary to get it to where I liked it.

3rd Pass.

50/50 of the driver side door.

Driver side Cleared up.

50/50 of rear driver side door.

Rear fender Unpolished

Rear fender Unpolished

Rear fender Cleared

Trunk 50/50

Hood after being polished before LSP

Trunk after being polished before LSP

Driver Side All Polished before LSP

Bumper

License Plate Area Cleared up !

Clearing up the Rear Lights. It's a thing of beauty when lights are cleared. You don't need diamonds in your life when you have these

Bumper reflection shot! Hopefully I'll be doing the neighbours Carrera you see in the reflection.

A few more polished shots.

This was about 10pm. I started the day at 9am. It's been a long day and as much as I wanted to finish the odds and ends and top the paint off with sealant and wax. I just could not see clearly anymore so I came back the next morning to do it properly and make sure nothing was forgotten.

AFTERS

Here we go. Finally we have arrived at the afters. I spent about another 2 hours cleaning up the odds and end and doing a quick vacuum of the interior. Thanks for looking and I hope you've enjoyed.

Last edited by nikku; 07-14-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0