View Single Post
      05-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #177
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Just did this over the past weekend, not too bad, but quite cumbersome on just jack stands (see setup pictured below). FYI, home depot has a 9 gallon concrete mixing pan for only like $6 that's perfect for this (I will be using it for engine oil changes from now on too). One tip I can give is that if you're changing the pan out too, break all the screws loose just a little bit and then start to unscrew either the back or the front and let that whole side open up a few millimeters and it will drain out in a fairly controlled manner. You can even completely remove 1 bolt first and some will drain out of the bolt hole too.

I ended up getting 5.5L out (changing pan + suction filter [not the round one on the side]) and about 5.4L back in. Slightly worrying, but confirmed temperature and even tried tilting the car with the fill hole biased higher up and the car didn't want to take any more fluid. Drove it easy for the first 100 miles then worked into some slow building high revs and finally beat on it hard and haven't had any problems, so I'm feeling good (fingers crossed).

Car was on original fluid with ~113k miles. I'll be sending a sample to Blackstone soon and will report back with the results.

-
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
///Mobbin1478.00
msan402.50
AndyW672.00