View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #57
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Rotate the spacer on the rotor/hub til you can't rock it back and forth. I went thru this as well. So while the spacer is sitting in the rotor, rotate it until it sits flush with no movement. Install wheel and your vibration will be gone.
Thanks! However, I noticed my spacer will allow itself to rock no matter what. I tried this with a friend's burger tuning 18mm spacer and was unable to achieve a tight fit as you suggest.

Currently, this is the information I have gathered:

#Symptoms
1. Vibration above 60mph
2. Vibration till 110-120mph

#Scenarios
1. Stock 219M, no vibrations (stock bolts)
2. GT4 + Apex 15mm + Apex 90mm studds, vibrations
3. Stock 219M + Apex 15mm + Apex 90mm studds, vibrations

Troubleshooting attempts so far
1. re-clean hub
2. anti-sieze the hub lip area (not really a fix but figure I do it)
3. torque wheels in the air using step method (50-75-88)
4. GT4 Wheels were road forced balance at two different shops.

I'm stumped. Next week I plan to swap back the stock wheels to validate that scenario 1 is fine with studs. I'm not sure what would be the problem. Hopefully, I can swap my 18mm APEX from the rear and see if that changes anything as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Go with your 80% gut instinct. Retaining the ability to select between stiff, less stiff and pillowy with the EDC button is over rated. Personally I do not feel the difference nor do I leave it in any setting other than stiff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
I'm going for the same goal as you and I believe option 3 or 4 are the best route for our goal. I am currently running the 4th option and it is nice. I set mine to soft and it's just a tad stiffer than my 18' Camry SE beater on slower speeds. The front adjusters are at the bottom and sometimes it's hard trying to feel for it when you're lying on the ground under the sun. Makes me want to get the Bilsteins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstoneorspacegray View Post
I just picked up the Ohlins and I'm a bit higher than I was with H&R sports but I don't scrape anymore and the ride is so much better. I miss the EDC just because but the ride is so nice that the damping almost seems dynamic.

I don't have camber plates but I'm super happy with my decision.
Thanks, guys! I'm having a gut feeling that the Ohlins will also be in my best interest with Vorhslag camber plates. I definitely want to address this stupid vibration issue prior to introducing more aftermarket parts. Street compliance is a high priority as it will be driven mostly on the street..for now. With the reviews I've seen so far, the dampeners will allow for spring upgrades should it not be adequate enough on the track.

BOOF-M3, I tell you, you are the M3-owner-whisperer

E90M3velocity you should sell me your Ohlins when you get Bilstiens! Or at least let me get a ride in your car since you are local!

Silverstoneorspacegray, EDC is dynamic dampening based on acceleration sensors..so that is probably why!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services

Last edited by derbo; 03-12-2018 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
DreamTime864.50