dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
A few more minor updates:

-Powerflex Front Tension Arm to Chassis Bushings - minicorsa installed these bushings for me. I've driven them at Chuckwalla and Big Willow. I can't say I notice any difference with them. But I wanted to replace them since they are rubber-only bushings and they've seen plenty of action.

-Casey at RWE made a blank panel from carbon fibre to fill in where the radio controls used to be. We're using the panel to house switches. It looks quite nice! The first switch to go on there was for the cooling suit. I would also like to add another switch for the misting system. Currently the misting system does have a power switch, but it lives in the engine bay.

-I went to Big Willow this past weekend with full aero for the first time, and I was able to reduce my personal best by 2.4 seconds, down to 1:28.44. The aero offers amazing stability. It's so awesome that as I was coming into Turn 9 and braking and turning in---without any effort or drama, the car went instantly from the outer edge to the inner edge of the track without any problems. I was like….uhhh what am I doing over here already? hmmm I guess I don't need to slow down as much or turn in as early. It's going to take awhile to get used to the grip.

So, Buttonwillow is next. I'm really curious what's possible there. In addition to full aero for the first time at Buttonwillow, I will also be trying BFGoodrich R1S too. They're supposed to be grippier than TD's……we'll see!

Last edited by dogbone; 11-06-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
divadp17193.50