View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #15
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2wdc View Post
Great thread and welcome back to BMW! I recently "strayed" away from BMW and my progression with previous BMW's is somewhat parallel to yours:

97 E36 M3 (Techno Violet, 5MT) --> 01 E39 540i 6MT --> 06 E90 330i 6MT

I made a similar decision to return to BMW via E90 M3 and for the 1st time with DCT instead of manual, and to say I'm thrilled to be back is an understatement

2011 E90 LeMans Blue purchased from 2nd owner who bought it from EAG When you look up "meticulous" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of the 2nd owner

Congrats on the car and looking forward to your future posts
Looks like you've had a fun journey, I'll be sure to follow your progress. Blue is the best color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Just don't modify it.

Was it really that well maintained previously if the air filter was never changed?
I do plan on installing an Alpine tune and test pipes (with v-bands on the test pipes and cats), so that I can revert back to stock if I like. Perfectly reversible modifications. Cosmetically I'm not touching it, I don't even think it needs to be lowered.

The filter had me scratching my head too. I'm not sure what the factory interval is for the air filter. Regardless, it's fixed now.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 0