aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
I wrote a short snipped on another thread but here is a bit of a longer version of my review:

Install:

Fairly easy. Very well developed product with the wiring diagram, connections etc. Truly a plug and play solution. Took me a hell of a time to get these in place but end result was worth it. No EDC failure light and EDC works in all three modes. Installed with GC Camber plates and Eibach Springs. NO ISSUES with the install piece.

Why Eibach? Most Bilstein shocks have been matched to a tad higher rate than stock and they sell Eibachs as a kit. During my E36 M3 years, I spoke with Bilstein and the shocks were designed to mate with stock Euro M3 springs (10-15% higher than US spec) and they recommended Eibach back in the days as well. Perhaps the partnership...

HD vs Sport? The different is the shorter shaft in Sport and has nothing to do with dampening/valving. So no performance benefit except being slammed.

Drive:

Actually MUCH better than stock in comfort mode. There is a built in bump stop inside the front strut (rear shock has its own bump stop) so increased suspension travel. The shaft is MUCH thicker than the stock one altough you are adding a good bit of weight with these steel bodied shocks. Stock shocks are an amazing piece of work to be all aluminum.

I couldnt find that much of a different in normal but under sport the car drives stiffer for sure. Even in bumpy DC streets, the ride is significantly better than stock as I am not hopping. This is also due to the fact these shocks have greater rebound whereas the stock ones lacked that.

Ride Height:

People complain about these sitting higher than stock. Not in my case. The car was measured before and after and is on par with the Eibach drop spec.

Spirited Driving:

I cannot speak to the shocks in isolation but these shocks along with Eibachs and H&R Front bar is just incredible. Very very tolerable on the street with relatively flat in the corners.

Am happy with the outcome. For the money I could have gotten the V3 kit (if you compare retail to retail for the shocks, springs, bar) but I wanted the EDC functionality and did not want to compromise street performance for marginal improvement on track as I a NOT racing or time trailing this.

The feel and overall driving factor has been greatly enhanced.

I did compare it back to back with my friend's ZCP and you can tell this car is both more responsive and more comfortable (again due to increased suspension travel and not bouncing on bump stops).

If you have been considering these, you wont regret it.

Hope this helps.

Lutfy
Thank you ... very well written