View Single Post
      06-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #121
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

This simple project has run into issues once again. To make a long story short, two engineers from the FSAE team worked on the project this week and they are not capable of completing it in a timely manner as originally assumed.

This is too much bad luck at this point. I don't want to delay this from being available any further this season to those who are in need. If we weren't under the gun, I'd keep at it, but it's more important that people don't have to wait until the end of the summer for any reason to get any use out of the backing plates. I have been speaking with a few shops to see who can take over this project from here and complete it ASAP. We are not subcontracting it and selling anything, I'm passing on the whole backing plate project to someone else (hopefully a supporting vendor on the forum here). Who ever makes the plates can create a bundle package that includes the intake ducting (we'll supply it to them) that is already complete and ready to go, and it can all be acquired through that one source.

I'm waiting on some calls back so I will update you guys with who you can source the plates from.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Eddy P
Appreciate 0