Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nition View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. At the moment I am very interested in the RS-3s. However, I just realized that the treadwear on the RS-3s are rated at 140! How fast do these wear out when used aggressively? I also plan to use these tires on the street, so I really don't want something that will wear out in less than 10,000 miles.
One thing i've learned when tracking is that wear ratings mean absolutely nothing for tires used on the track. You should think more about how many track days you can get out of a tire vs. absolute mileage. I got about 5 track days out of a set of PS2, and with my current set of NT05, I'll probably get about 7 after rotating them.

I ran NT05 for 4 track days with pretty good results. They were quite predictable at the limit, and had much better turn in than the PS2 I used before. A lot of guys up here in Toronto use the NT05 on their M3, and I think we've all found that they're a pretty decent tire for the money. Here's and old review I posted on the NT05 and a bunch of people giving their feedback as well http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...highlight=nt05.

That being said, next year, I'm going to be running a square set up for the first time, and I'm either going to run The Hankook RS-3 or the Dunlop Star Specs in 275/35/18. I've read a ton of good things about both tires.

Last edited by sawzall; 12-29-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0