View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #57
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Soo, how much spacer is required to clear the strut? 12mm? so that would equal a 27mm spacer on a normal BMW spec wheel...hmm yah longest stud kit available is 90mm, and OEM length equivalent would be 62mm. that gives you a margin of 28mm on the 90mm stud, so seems like it would work...
First of all I will say I am only considering high quality racing studs.

90mm is the longest offered from the brands that I have considered.

A 90mm stud is 90mm long including the threads into the hub PLUS the shoulder PLUS the threads used for the nut PLUS the bullet nose.

The key dimension is the threads available from the face of the rotor to the end of the threads. On a 90mm stud from MSI that number totals 52mm. On BW's race studs that number totals 56mm IIRC. You rightly stated that the minimum needed is approximately 62mm (with a 12.5mm spacer) if you want a thread or two extra - which is wise IMO.

Therefore I will be having special studs made with 65mm of thread from face of rotor hat. Edit - did not have studs made. Aborted project
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 11-09-2023 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0