View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 06:02 AM   #7
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

I actually ran extension cords under my eves and hung a pair of Sonos 1's up there permanently for the back yard. I tucked them up really close so they are kept dry. The Sonos 1's are humidity protected so you can use them in the bathroom. I've had them out there two years and they work great. My back yard is 60' wide and about 40' from the back of the house to the neighbours fence. They won't give you concert volume but work really well for the space. I have another set on the covered front porch. Great sound and Sonos software is really easy and versatile I've attached a couple of pic so you get the idea. The mounting brackets are available at Best Buy and are made for Sonos and work great. Pics are aren't great, sorry.

I've included a close up of one of the speakers and the plastic case I used to run the wires, it can be painted I just haven't gotten around to it. Also included a pic of the brackets I used. I like them because they can tilt and swivel for optimum placement.

I like the Sonos 1 because they can be used in pairs for stereo which I've done on the front porch and back yard.
Attached Images

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 03-03-2019 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
roastbeef11586.00
wrickem2101.00