10-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #167
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawdfanatic View Post
They don’t necessarily need to be 35k to make economical sense. Depends on someone’s wants/needs. What’s great about the performance version is that you can get m3 like performance (actually faster for any daily driving) and still have that gas savings. At night it’s not as much the dimming, but the inversion of colors. Background turns black instead of white. Don’t think you would have an issue spotting critters.

Some lowering springs and set of rims...gives it a sportier look as well.

Anything is dependent someone's wants, I agree with that. But needs may be a slightly different subject. I've priced a medium-range RWD with 19" wheels and Autopilot. It's $52,500. Take out the $3,500 tax credit (I doubt I'll get delivery by Dec 31st). So, it's a $49,000 car. Using it as a 35,000-mile/year daily driver there are a lot of great cars for $35,000. $14K buys a lot of gasoline and maintenance on top of no range/proximity/seasonal limits. Understood that the Tesla 3 has more than adequate range for daily use, and there is the supercharger network, but it still has limitations where a gasoline car has none. But for my commute in the winter, it leaves me with 50-60 miles of reserve, which I'm not that comfortable with. It'd be nice if the Monroney window sticker had Federal MPG ratings EVs that include a Winter range rating.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1