View Single Post
      10-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #14
Candide13
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landman View Post
Candide, how did it work purchasing the plan long distance? Do they have you get your car inspected by a BMW certified technician?

I've had mine for about 4 months and have put about 3,500 miles on it (at 48,800 currently) which includes driving it home from Atlanta to OKC. I've gone to my local BMW dealer twice getting 2 fairly different prices from 2 different people ($4,800 and $5,300 for 4 year/50k miles). The first time I gave the guy my key and he went and ran it through their system. The second guy just asked how many miles were on it. I've also called the Tulsa BMW dealership several times and never got a call back. Do dealerships just not make very much money selling warranties or is their service just that bad?

Every reputable warranty company I've heard, I tried calling the company and they all said they didn't sell warranties independently - I had to go to a dealership to buy one of their warranties. Why do they make it so hard? I basically gave up Looking for an extended warranty after all this.

Sorry for the rant, but dealerships suck...
The long distance and out of state aspect played no role in my case; in fact, I benefited from a lower sales tax in VA (where the dealer was located) compared to NY. The only thing I did was I sent them a snapshot of the odometer so that they can check the mileage on the purchasing day.

As my car was still under factory warranty no inspection was needed, though one company (Assurant) had a 1-month and 500 miles wait period before their coverage kicks in.

I totally feel your pain with the lousy customer experience. One nearby dealer (BMW Rallye) would not offer a third-party plan unless I came in in person, yeah right.

If your car is still under factory warranty (mileage-wise it should be) then I would recommend contacting Joshua Alford at BMW Richmond for a Fidelity plan, like I did.
Appreciate 0