10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #44
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospiel View Post
Cringe, you'll really enjoy Moonstone when you finally get your M3 sedan painted in that color. Trust me, I know.
+1

Moonstone is an amazing color and you will absolutely love it. The cool thing about it is you will appreciate the color more once you have owned it for a while. I had my 2009 Moonstone for 3 months and have had my 2011 for 4 months. Even after 7 months of combined ownership of the Moonstone paint color it still shows me new tones and shades all the time. It is such a dynamic color and looks just perfect on the M3 Sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospiel View Post
OP and others, I confirm others' remarks when specifying Individual paint color: a dealer with experience will have no trouble getting it done. In my case it took 2 days for order approval from BMW Distribution, then 6 weeks for it to be built (next-month allocation slot was available). I also paid invoice for the upgrade. Also remember that you avoid the metallic paint option (~$500) when opting for Individual.
+1 Again

Individual colors aren't rocket science, I just think your dealer inputted the wrong paint code in the order. All BMW's have a paint code both Individual and Regular colors. The only difference for Individual paint is the added cost and the delay (only applies sometimes, had no wait on the 09 but about 2 months on the 11). The paint code for Moonstone is X04/7 if you want to confirm it with your dealer.