02-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nova View Post
Forgot to mention that the dealer also told me that the 7MA Competiton Pack would be considered a "special order" with an additional $400 charge.

Here is what they say is in it:

"Package for drive dynamics optimisation:"

- Exclusive 19" M light alloy wheels - Y spoke 359M;
- Front: 9J x 19: 245/35 R19
- Rear: 10J x 19: 265/35 R19
- Lowered Suspension (approc 10mm).
- No EDC mentioned...

I feel kind of stuck having to get all my info through my SA. I noticed that some of you deal with BMW NA directly and some have contacts in Germany. How did you swing that?

I am learning a hell of a lot more through this forum than I am from the dealer... Thank God this is here, at least...
Hope this helps....the wholesale pricing on our Comp. Pkg is around $5300.00 but it includes EDC which I took to mean that EDC is mandatory for us. I paid the $400 special order price but it covers all of the Individual items I specified.

As for contacting M Division directly, I guess I didn't know any better and sent the boss there an e-mail a year ago outlining my thoughts for the individualization I was hoping for. Received a reply the very next day from the person responsible for overseeing North and South American M cars and maintained the relationship ever since. BMW Canada was copied on all of the correspondence in order to stay in the loop but allowed me to continue my dialogue with Germany directly. M Division and Individual provided me with 5 or 6 digitized design proposals over the past year before I finally settled on "the right one" and ordered it last week. Honestly, I don't think a dealership would have put up with me and all of the changes I kept making. No matter....it was fun!!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0