Rep
Drives: 09 e82 135i Coupe 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun135i View Post
This really should have been a BMW recall not something we have to hunt for before our cars catch fire!
Personally, I don't see this as safety issue. If this was happening to the wires entering the tail lights, it would be a different story.

So, is this a common issue people should look out for when purchasing a e9x? We'll have to see how many report in.

Bottomline: If your blower stops working, keep the HVAC off and fix it immediately.
Or if your car catches fire and it's a total loss? Any burning of electrical going to anything is not normal and it's only a "common issue" because of the internet you mean to tell me you think it's fine that wires burn up and cause risk of fire and it's the buyers responsibility to know where and what to look for? Let alone taking it upon themselves to find and point out the melted and burnt faulty wires before it causes more damage and maybe a fire? Not everyone goes on forums, not everyone uses the Internet, and not everyone is adapt enough to diagnoses or find this to be a "common BMW normal FIRE HAZARD"
Appreciate 0