11-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #80
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
Not sure what you mean by not enjoying the driving experience. If you haven't done at least a ride along on the track in one, do it! The experience is quite addicting. The rear weight bias is weird, but I think its just a matter of getting used to it.

The thing about the rear engined cars is that the back end swings slow. What I mean by this is that even though the back end feels like it wants to come around quite easily, its so slow that you have lots of time to catch and correct. In comparison, if I lost the back end on my mid-engined cayman, it goes fast and you spin like a top. While its much tougher to get the back end loose, its also much tougher to catch once it happens.
i just meant i was unsure if i would like the different feeling of the rear engined car. just have heard they are much more difficult to drive fast and skillfully. dont have the opportunity for ride alongs here. i have seen several caymans lose it and they dont usually recover just spin out while havent seen the same in 911s, just like you say.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0