11-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
I know Evolve Automotive has been research and developing this type of exhaust for a bit now, including the one for the E60 M5. All I have to say is, thank you for your continuous dedication to our community. I cannot recall too many other companies and tuners that are this candid with us. I know that there are many of us who want to know why tuners do the things they do, why they design certain products the way they do, and most of all proof of their development. Evolve Automotive is a prime example of honesty and commitment.

Your thorough explanation and data collection is very impressive! We see so many threads pop up asking what makes this XPipe so expensive, what makes this muffler better, why do people do this...etc. Well with this thread, I don't think anyone will be able to question the ingenuity, complexity, and proof of your work.

There is no doubt that this exhaust design will cater to a lot of us enthusiasts. As you said, we all prefer different tones and sounds. I am definitely excited to hopefully one day get a hold of your full exhaust setup! I am one who doesn't like to daily drive with a loud and booming exhaust, but I want the power. This looks like a great solution for me. Then at the track, I can open up those valves and break necks in the crowd!

Great work Sal, the team at Evolve Automotive, and to the fabricators. Your hard work and dedication will no doubt be awarded in various ways.

If I may ask a question though regarding the valve system. Can this system be activated under load or only at idle? For example, if I'm causing a ruckus on the streets with the valves open and I make my way to a neighborhood where I want to remain quiet, can I close the valves while driving?

I know many valve systems are preferred to work with no loud, I was curious if this applies to your system as well.

Thanks again for sharing!
Appreciate 0