View Single Post
      04-03-2023, 01:03 PM   #7
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Reset is designed to be a maintenance wash and works great with coated and PPF cars.

Descale will also work with your coating and it's great for a full decontamination after a long winter for example. It will strip off any additional wax or sealants as well...while not harming your ceramic coating.

Debating whether or not I want to invest in Descale or Lift for a cars first wash before polish and then PPF. Thoughts?

This is the rabbit hole I'm going down with all of these products.

Lift is a pre-wash meant to be foam cannon application.
Descale is meant to have agitation with a mit
Reset is meant to have agitation with a mit.

If you're taking your car to get it polished and PPF'd you would assume the shop that's doing the work will have these products and prep the paint before. I consider them maintenance products for the PPF/ceramic coating. If you're PPF'ing the car yourself, you could buy them and use them before the polish, as well as after as maintenance. But they really are meant as maintenance for already ppf'd/ceramic cars.

So they're pretty different products. I think it depends on how dirty your car is. Example, mine is weekend driven only, in nice weather so my vehicle doesn't really get that dirty. Because of this, i feel like I can skip lift. If your car is REALLY dirty or a daily driver, lift would be worth the investment to loosen the built up grime on the vehicle.

Descale is also a product you only really need to use once every few months. Reset you can use at every wash.

My plan on my PPF'd/ceramic coated car that is only driven once a week in nice weather is to pre soak the vehicle to just blast off the minor grime off. Then i'll two bucket the car with descale with a mitt. I'll rinse and follow up with a foam cannon of reset, and since the car will be mostly clean at this point, just use a clean mitt to wipe down the car with reset, and rinse.

My drying process is a leaf blower. I also have decently low PPM water (45) at my house, so if you live in an area with really hard water, a filtration system will really help (not cheap). Descale is meant to help with water spotting but also unclog the ceramic coating from hard water.

This is just my method with my vehicle. your mileage may vary and lift may be worth it for you. It isn't for me.
Appreciate 1
Game7404.00