B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmelgy View Post
I'm not sure about the tuning, I'll have to ask Racewerkz.

The fan is wired to a switch, I turn it on when I start the car, then leave it on for a few minutes after coming off track. Their website says 1298 CFM, but no idea what the stock fan's CFM is
i see. so i'm assuming since the fan is on your track car, you're not too worried about it being variable or necessarily more powerful, just weight and the ability to cool the car when its off?

i would theorize the oem fan has a high cfm. i have a 3,300 cfm flex-a-lite efan on my desert truck and when that thing powers on, it "feels" or "seems" to be about the same or maybe a little more than our oem fan in the e9x m3. i know its not exactly a scientific observation, but you get the idea.
Yes sir, figured I might as well lighten it up while we were in there doing the power steering pump conversion. It's also quieter than the stock fan, if you care about that sort of thing
Appreciate 0