View Single Post
      04-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #11754
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
well, naturally, i have questions. is there any science as to how long to make it? how far does it extend under your car? did you mount it as high as possible (close to the car body), or did you have it at a specific height?
I am sure there is science on how to do it. You can review wind tunnel data on AJ Hartman's web site to study the results. https://ajhartmanaero.com/blog/project-crusher-part-2/

However, I was limited on how far I could practically move it forward and how high and low I could make it. So basically, I used the underside of my diff as the reference point. The leading edge of the diffusor sits <1" behind the diff and is essentially flush with the bottom of the diff cover. This puts it at about 4" off the ground (as measured from the bottom edge of the tunnel sides) and the trailing edge at 8" beyond the rear most part of the bumper. I chatted a bit with AJ via e-mail and he didn't see any issues with it.

It will be interesting to see how it performs. I am suspecting that I will be able to take out some of the rear wing and still have as much downforce as before.
Attached Images

Last edited by ThunderMoose; 04-05-2020 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
roastbeef11586.00