08-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #220
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech6638 View Post
Hope this thread is still alive. I have a question. So I've been in the market for an e92 now for the past 3 months and I've finally found one, for a great price. Most importantly, it's a one owner car with all maintenance records in hand. I've seen the car in person, runs and looks great, but after getting a PPI done on the vehicle, there was leakage found on both the lower and side pan of the DCT transmission. It is the only issue that the shop found with the vehicle, other than some upcoming maintenance services. After going through this thread regarding DCT leakage, it seems like it is a common issue, but also possibly a concerning and a recurring one. Should I make the purchase or pass on it, if it's that big of a problem and not worth dealing with. Also, this would be the second time that the lower pan was leaking. Last time it was replaced about a year ago, according to the maintenance records.
If the car is what you want don't let the sipping DCT stop you. As you've read its (unfortunately) a very common issue so if DCT is your thing it can be tricky to find a "dry" car. Grab the car, obviously assuming you have repair cost reasonably tracked and within overall budget.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00