11-17-2020, 07:05 AM   #1709
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Yep, amazing platform. Unfortunately the racing team’s results don’t directly correlate to build quality from the factory. I still get emails from one of the big dealers and I asked them if they were talking about the build quality issues and he said it was being discussed every day but the pandemic has forced them to use alternate suppliers in some cases which is why you’re seeing separating lining on the hardtop convertibles, broken valve springs within a few hundred miles, various other faults. Unfortunately though other issues like the frunk, ghost CELs and trim and body misalignment issues were going on before they had supplier issues. I sold my C7 some time after I got on the C8 list, but am glad I got the Porsche instead. I’d be pissed if I had all those problems with my $80k car. Yes, I did pay more for the Porsche but I am out driving it instead of it being in the shop on a lift or having to go through a lemon law process.
I was just responding to your post solely about the R version but anyway, it is a first year revolutionary new platform for the company and GM had a strike at the worst possible time then covid hit, a perfect storm if you will.

I’m confident GM will work the bugs out soon enough( if covid can be brought under control with vaccines) and will be very good contenders on both the street and track. Lemon law Corvettes are rare, we’ve had one person here who’s had one of those nightmare scenarios with his C7 but it’s not across the board. There are other sports cars getting lemoned and having issues, it’s not just a Corvette thing. I’m involved in Corvette forums and the vast majority of owners don’t have anything near those kinds of problems and are if they do the company responds much better then what we’ve read here about that one C7.

The brand new base street version C8 is already giving the 992 S headaches on tracks. I look forward to the Z versions of the cars, they will be owning cars worth many thousands more and do so with few issues. My C6 makes over 625 hp, is driven very hard often and has been pretty much bulletproof, knock wood.
Enjoy your Porsche, it is a very nice ride indeed.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-17-2020 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
See5449.00
stein_325i25083.00
c0bra185.00