Parrothead
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M40i   [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
If you hold Menu to get into the Carsara UI when you first get in, see if it shows the device paired.

RE the default audio source: I think Cannyjock mentioned he had that issue as well. There are a few complaints on that (outside of carplay, just in general) on E90post. People seem to be mentioning everything from a problem with the keyfob to possible short in the trunk? Everyone seems to chalk it up to gremlins though I didn't see anyone finding a definitive answer for that.

It's possible the iDrive expects some type of voltage on the Aux channels to turn it on or it'll default back to radio?
Definitely is paired, though I had a few times where it took a moment as my phone needed to switch Wi-Fi networks, but AA launches quickly because I notice it when I unlock the car even if I am not driving somewhere. I believe that AA uses the Wi-Fi. I also deleted my phone from the iDrive BT.

Maybe when I get home this weekend I will start the car up and see if it ever switches over.

I remember those gremlins others have mentioned. I think when I get time I will buy Bimmercode, just give up on NCSExpert, code the aux in the armrest off to see if that makes a difference. I also need to get rid of the legal screen too.
See Garage for Mods
Appreciate 0