Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonRa View Post
Porsche and BMW are awesome! I wasnīt at mercedes, but I was at AMG some weeks ago picking up a S63! awesome factory! Its awesome to watch one person building up the whole engine! and they have an awesome part of the factory where they do the individual things!

I think in april or may, letīs see what the weather will be! Yes, if someone joins the trip would be cool! A Gemballa 911 and 911 turbo s will come with me! Iīm going to looooooose

I hope you take a camera with you, to do some great shots!!
I was in Hanover (Hanover Messe) then to Hamburg after that I did the factory museum trip. Started in Dresden at the VW Glass Factory then to Leipzig the new BMW plant. Then made my way to Stuttgart (Porsche and Mercedes). Yes Porsche was fantastic, all the models there all the way back to the very start. Naturally one had to see Mercedes as well, I visited both the old and new museum followed by the factory tour at the outskirts of Stuttgart (where you take the bus to the plant and where they have the ED centre). At one point the tour guide made us wait since the production line momentarily stopped. She wanted us to see the final welding process of the body (karoserie ) less the doors. When the line started again the body went vertical into a cage and six robots (three robots on each side) went to work. Sparks flying all over the place. When it was done the tour guide told us this process of completing the 1800 final welds used to take 1 minute and the Engineers improved this now it takes only 56 seconds. I had to smile, then I made a quick calculation in my head and yes in a year that comes to slightly over 14 hours ... guess they can build quite a few more cars in 14 minutes ... so yes a cost improvement for sure

No wonder they are 125 years in business.

My final stop of course was Die Welt / factory and the museum. I'm glad I made it a boy's trip my wife would have been so bored

I do have a ton of photos ... some day I'll publish a photo album.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0