Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AMG C63 Edition 507

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
[QUOTE=aussiem3;16004662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post

Well done ... how would you compare the two experiences so far?
Well even though the two cars are meant to be competition for each other, they really couldn't be more different. All the comparison reviews out there pretty much sum it up, but in a nut shell, these are my opinions after owning both... But keep in mind I am comparing a 2009 M3 Sedan with a new Edition 507...

- C63 seems more modern.
- The 507 is just an animal when you put the foot down, it's a point and shoot missle, would leave the M3 on the straight, M3 would beat it on the corners.
- M3 DCT gearbox far better, but to be honest if your just driving on the street, the MCT does a ok job and no where near as bad as I was expecting with what people have written.
- C63 feels heavier, but more solid and comfortable for daily driving.
- C63 interior is far nicer and a better place to be, stereo pumps too.
- I thought I would miss the sound of the M3 more, but the sound of a 6.2L AMG V8 at open throttle is just spectacular.
- C63 gets more attention and stares, if that's your thing. Could be a colour thing though.

All in all, both great cars, the C63 suits me better as it's better on the street as a daily driver which is what I was looking for. I just found that you have to push the M3 and drive it spirited to get the most out of it.

One day I will probably go back to an BMW, but it won't be a 6 cylinder turbo M3, they lost me there.
Appreciate 0