View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #1045
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecjohnston View Post
Owning one, and having 792AWHP, it isn't a small amount of cash to get to that point and becomes considerably less comfortable to drive for long distances or every day. Don't get me wrong, stock power levels the thing was an awesome DD, though it got more attention in my small town than I needed. It was certainly nice to get back into something at the end of the day that was still quick, but wasn't as attention grabbing or harsh to drive.

They are very nice and extremely capable cars for the money, but as others have said, for the price you are looking at for one, either new or used, you can find some things that are/aren't BMW, though the getting to 800+ makes that list a little smaller.
would you mind elaborating on your experience? I would love to hear from someone that has owned an 800hp GTR first hand.

Yes there are other options, like you said though my 800+ goal narrows it down and my "needs" for a modern car with modern amenities narrows it down even more. Off the top of my head CTS-V, 911 TT, GTR, Corvette. But of those it seems like the CTS-V and GTR would be the easiest to live with day to day. As for the pricing I would rather have a live-able DD for more money. Sure I could pickup a supra and make 1200hp all day long, but how comfortable would I be? probably not very. lol
Appreciate 0