View Single Post
      09-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #28
hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I apply this to all of my cars. I like to do this about once every 16-20 months (only one coat of CQuartz.) I'd compare the 12 month mark of the application to a normal car carnauba wax job after 4-5 washes. Beads up still but starting to notice it's not as strong in some locations. I like to top mine off with Hydro2, about 1-2 sprays per panel.

Sure the amount of prep is time consuming, but to take the sprayer to the car and have it be 99% clean without having to scrub the bugs off is totally worth it. And add a foam cannon dwelling and a handwash and it's as good as new. And not to mention able to dry the entire car with a leaf blower. Less touching = Less scratching.

Seems like people like to complain about the process but car washes are ten times more fun when you don't have to crouch down to get the rough spots. Compared to wax, it's less dust, more hydrophobic and it's ALL about prevention. And to take one long ass day to keep the paint in tip top condition rather than span it out once a week is ideal for me.

Car washing for me has gone from once a week to about once every 3 weeks. Anything in between is just gravy or wanting to for a special occasion, or from boredom.

I'd even go so far as to say, if your paint is in decent condition, a simple handwash, claybar, and IPA wipedown before applying is just fine. Sure there may be defects, but a lot better than some half ass wax that only lasts 1-3 months tops. And having to wax every few months, because let's be honest, there's no way any over the counter wax lasts more than 3 months. Collinite, P21, Mothers, nope. And those that want something to protect against bird droppings, well pour acid on anything and see how long it lasts. But the odds are better with a coating than a wax.

I'd like to see a comparison of any $200 wax vs the CQuartz. $50-80 for the kit = pennies a day for protection.

I PRAY for rain, because you can see the effort and completely addicted to beads.

PS: WTF is a sealant??? lol
Appreciate 0